Chapter 1. Object Interaction with Blueprints
When setting out to develop a game, one of the first steps toward exploring your idea is to build a prototype. Fortunately, Unreal Engine 4 and Blueprints make it easier than ever to quickly get the essential gameplay functionality working so that you can start testing your ideas sooner. To develop some familiarity with the Unreal editor and Blueprints, we will begin by prototyping simple gameplay mechanics using some default assets and a couple of Blueprints.
In this chapter, we will cover the following topics:
- Creating a new project and a level
- Placing objects in a level
- Changing an object's material through Blueprints
- Using the Blueprint editor and connecting Blueprints together
- Compiling, saving, and ...