Change your thinking
You are not what you think you are. But what you think, you are! Read those sentences again. Make sure you pause at the full-stop and the comma.
Now, which of these statements do you think are true?
- I should know what I want from life by now.
- I take responsibility for my own feelings and actions and hold others responsible for theirs.
- One mistake and I feel like a total failure.
- Other people should be trusted completely or not at all.
- It’s all right to be good at some things and not so good at others.
- Once a cheater, always a cheater.
- If I feel stupid and boring, then I must be stupid and boring.
Whichever statements you believe to be true, where and when did you learn to think like this?
You were certainly ...