Brand New's revolutionary innovation process is a proven road map you can put to work immediately to create successful new products, services, and business models. Written by leading innovation practitioners, and the coauthor of the bestseller Customers for Life, the authors of this tightly focused, highly entertaining book have nailed the issue perfectly when it comes to successfully introducing anything new.
Research shows people like new products and services. Indeed they go out of their way to try to find them. Yet companies are truly terrible at providing new products and services that meet these customers' needs.
Why are companies so bad at giving customers what they want? Because they lack a simple proven process that makes sure innovation occurs efficiently time after time.
No one knows this better than Mike Maddock and his team at Maddock Douglas, the Agency of Innovation,™ which has worked closely with more than a quarter of Fortune 100.
To solve the innovation paradox, Maddock explains the process his team has used to help the world's best companies and shows you how to
Find needs and opportunity in the marketplace
Come up with significant market insights
Create compelling communication (using the actual words your customers use) to convince people to try your new creation
What has worked for some of the world's most successful companies, when it comes to innovation, will work for you. Start putting the lessons of Brand New to work for you...before the competition does.
Table of Contents
- About the Authors
Part I : Preparation and Strategy
- Chapter 1 : The Innovation Paradox
- Chapter 2 : Creating an Efficient and Effective Innovation Process
- Chapter 3 : Circle #1: Finding the Need
- Chapter 4 : Circle #2: Formulating the Idea
Chapter 5 : Circle #3: Successfully Communicating (and Profiting from) What You Have Come Up With
- A Brilliant Idea Badly Communicated Becomes a Bad Idea
- Three and a Half Rules for Improving Your Communication Efforts
- Use Their Words as a Springboard
- Pay Attention When They Speak
- Remember, Your Story May Not Be Their Story
- “Huh?”—Clearly Saying What You Mean
- Going Commercial (or You Will Never Make any Money If You Can’t Explain What You Have)
- How to Utilize Social Media: Changing the Game for the Better
- Mastering Communication
- Coming Up Next
- Chapter 6 : Constructing Your Innovation “Portfolio”
Part II : Tools and Tactics
- Chapter 7 : Getting Outside the Jar: How to Infuse Outside Experts into Your Innovation Process
- Chapter 8 : Sustainable Innovation: Creating (and Profiting) from a Green, White Space
- Chapter 9 : Introducing “The Innovation Power Score”—A Method for Measuring the Potential of Your Innovation
- Chapter 10 : Investools: A Case Study in Putting Your Innovation Process to Work
- Title: Brand New: Solving the Innovation Paradox—How Great Brands Invent and Launch New Products, Services, and Business Models
- Release date: May 2011
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780470643594