Technical analysts build trading strategies based on trends and patterns in the markets' movements. Their task requires mastery of the world's markets and an understanding of the latest techniques.
Breakthroughs in Technical Analysis reveals the new trading methods used by the world's top technicians. Building on the success of New Thinking in Technical Analysis (Bloomberg Press, 2000), this book, edited by Bloomberg L.P.'s own expert on technical analysis, David Keller, brings together market masters from the around the world.
Some of their techniques have never left their country's borders before and are not widely known or used in other parts of the world.
Showing what the best and the brightest are currently using to deliver extraordinary results, this book will be eagerly sought out by all market technicians.
Table of Contents
- Also available from BLOOMBERG PRESS
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- About the Contributors
- CHAPTER 1 - Drummond Geometry: Picking Yearly Highs and Lows in Interbank Forex Trading
- CHAPTER 2 - Trend Spotting With TD Combo
- CHAPTER 3 - Charting With Candles and Clouds
- CHAPTER 4 - Reading Candlestick Charts
- CHAPTER 5 - Price and Time
- CHAPTER 6 - Unlocking Gann
- CHAPTER 7 - Options-Based Technical Indicators for Stock Trading
CHAPTER 8 - Point and Figure Analysis: Modern Developments in an Old Technique
- Point and Figure Charts: One Hundred Years of Change
- Time Horizons
- Internal 45° Trend Lines
- Using Point and Figure Price Targets Effectively
- Risk-Reward Ratios From a Point and Figure Chart
- Log Scaling
- Point and Figure Charts of Indicators
- Moving Averages, Parabolic SAR, and Bollinger Bands
- Indicators of Point and Figure Charts
- Market Breadth Indicators
- Flipping Point and Figure Charts
- CHAPTER 9 - Deconstructing the Market: The Application of Market Profile to ...
- CHAPTER 10 - The Ten Commandments
- About Bloomberg
- About the Editor
- Title: Breakthroughs in Technical Analysis: New Thinking From the World's Top Minds
- Release date: August 2007
- Publisher(s): Bloomberg Press
- ISBN: 9781576602423