Get proven guidance to build a market-driven supply chain management system
Supply chain management processes have gradually shifted from a supply-driven focus to a demand-driven one in order to better synchronize demand and supply signals. Bricks Matter shows you how you can identify market risks and opportunities and translate these into winning tactics. Business cases highlight how business leaders are winning through market-driven approaches.
Helps you understand how to apply the emerging world of predictive analytics for the better management of value networks
Includes business cases illustrating the market-driven approach
Reveals how businesses can identify market risks and translate these into supply-side tactics
As companies transition from demand-driven to market-driven approach, the focus in organizations shifts from one of vertical excellence to building strong market-to-market horizontal processes. Improve revenue by increasing market share, improve profit margins, and maintain high levels of customer service with the indispensable guidance found in Bricks Matter.
Table of Contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
CHAPTER 1: Why Bricks Matter
- BUILDING THE RIGHT BRICKS
- A LOOK AT HISTORY
- SUPPLY CHAIN PIONEERS: THE TIPPING POINTS
- MEET THE PIONEERS
- WHY IT MATTERS
- SUPPLY CHAIN PROCESS EVOLUTION
- WHO DOES SUPPLY CHAIN BEST?
- MEET THE SUPPLY CHAIN LEADERS
- PROCTER & GAMBLE: THE QUIET LEADER
- APPLE AND DELL: INVENTING NEW MODELS
CHAPTER 2: Building Value Networks
- THE JOURNEY FROM COST TO VALUE
- ALIGNING FOR SUCCESS
- BUILDING OF VALUE NETWORKS
- BUILDING VALUE NETWORKS
- WHY ARE VALUE NETWORKS SO HARD TO BUILD?
- A CLOSE-UP: TAKING A CLOSER LOOK AT A VALUE NETWORK WITHIN THE CONSUMER VALUE CHAIN
- VALUE CHAIN CASE STUDIES
- SUCCESS IN CREATING VALUE IN VALUE NETWORKS
- MISTAKES IN BUILDING VALUE CHAIN NETWORKS
- RISK MANAGEMENT
- SHIFT TO VALUE-BASED OUTCOMES
CHAPTER 3: The New World of Demand Management: Demand Sensing, Shaping, and Translation
- WHAT IS DEMAND MANAGEMENT?
- LEARNING A NEW LANGUAGE TO BUILD MARKET-DRIVEN DEMAND MANAGEMENT PROCESSES
- WHAT IS MARKET-DRIVEN DEMAND MANAGEMENT?
- WHAT IS DEMAND SENSING?
- WHAT IS DEMAND SHAPING?
- ACHIEVING MARKET-DRIVEN CAPABILITIES
- WHY IS BECOMING MARKET DRIVEN IMPORTANT FOR INDUSTRIAL COMPANIES?
- DRIVING THE MARKET-DRIVEN DEMAND MANAGEMENT ADVANTAGE
- SOCIAL: A NEW FORM OF DEMAND SIGNAL
- HOW CAN A COMPANY IMPROVE DEMAND MANAGEMENT?
- CHAPTER 4: Supply Management Evolution
- CHAPTER 5: Building Horizontal Connectors
- CHAPTER 6: Supply Chain 2020
- About the Authors
- Title: Bricks Matter: The Role of Supply Chains in Building Market-Driven Differentiation
- Release date: December 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118218310