O'Reilly logo

Bricks to Clicks: Why Some Brands Will Thrive in E-Commerce and Others Won't by David Feinleib

Stay ahead with the world's most comprehensive technology and business learning platform.

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required

© David Feinleib 2017

David Feinleib, Bricks to Clicks, 10.1007/978-1-4842-2805-0_9

9. From Bricks to Clicks to Omnichannel

David Feinleib

(1)San Francisco, California, USA

“Pure-play web retailing is not sustainable.”

—Scott Galloway

As they continue to open more pop-up stores, physical book stores, and grocery stores, Amazon.com is continuing to make headlines. At the same time, traditional retailers continue to make headlines with numerous store closings. On the surface, one seems to be replacing the other. But looking deeper at the situation, something more interesting is going on.

First, Amazon wants to sell us more. With e-commerce accounting for 10 percent of total retail sales, Amazon surely wants a crack at the other 90 percent. What’s more, ...

With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training, learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.

Start Free Trial

No credit card required