Introduction: first things first
Here are some interesting but frightening facts:
- Most people work harder for their employer than they do for themselves.
- Most people spend more time planning their next holiday than they do planning their lives.
- Most people spend more money on hygiene and beauty products in a year than they do on their own development in a lifetime.
- Most people spend more time watching television in a month than they do thinking about their career in their entire lives.
This book is not for them.
Let me start with some home truths. Let’s deal with the scary ones first and then get on to the real advantages:
- Personal development is about being honest with yourself. We structure our own lives and shape our individuality. The ...