Every aspect of your life can be improved with positive psychology.
Positive psychology helps us build resilience, optimism, emotional intelligence, meaning, self-esteem, wisdom, motivation and much more! It wakes us up to the power of feeling good, thinking positively and acting generously. With positive psychology we can be healthier, live longer and feel more fulfilled – there is nothing more important this.
Brilliant Positive Psychology reveals the principles and practices of positive psychology, and shows you how you can incorporate them into your life today. Packed with exercises and written specifically to coach you through the building blocks of positive psychology, it will help you to bring out your very best and guide you, step by step, towards a life brimming with happiness and fulfilment.
Understand what you can do, right now, to feel better.
Learn simple practices to improve your well-being.
Discover your strengths and how to use them.
Table of contents
- Brilliant Positive Psychology
- What is brilliant about positive psychology
Happiness and psychological well-being
- Two ways to be happy
- The happiness formula
- Happiness and sorrow
- Happiness as a measure of psychological well-being
- Psychological well-being
- How strong are the foundations of your psychological well-being? (1/3)
- How strong are the foundations of your psychological well-being? (2/3)
- How strong are the foundations of your psychological well-being? (3/3)
- Happiness and time
- Happiness and choice
How to build positive feelings and become happier
- The importance of positive emotions
- Positive emotion as a positive resource
- Building positive feelings: how to increase lasting positive emotion (1/2)
- Building positive feelings: how to increase lasting positive emotion (2/2)
- Finding flow
- Becoming present
- How to become more present
- Feeling good in and beyond the present moment . . . lasting pleasure
- Start NOW!
Do more of what you love and set better goals
- Do you get up in the morning excited about the day?
- Natural talent
- Being authentic
- Remembering flow
- Finding your strengths
- Using strengths to express values
- What do we mean by values?
- Three importants points to remember about using your strengths
- Positive thinking is better thinking
- Positive steps to achieving your goals
- Past experiences and their influence on your goals
- Is action in conflict with your values?
- Goals and fear
- Improving self-efficacy or self-belief
Emotional well-being: Building better relationships with ourselves and others
- Emotional control
- Emotional intelligence
- Catching your feelings
- Putting emotional intelligence to work
- Building a positive relationship with your romantic partner
- Putting positive psychology to work with your partner and all close relationships
- Self-regard, your relationship with yourself (1/2)
- Self-regard, your relationship with yourself (2/2)
How to become more resilient and cope better
- What is resilience?
- What makes a resilient person?
- The role of perception
- Attributional and explanatory style
- Taming the gremlin
- Building an optimistic explanatory style
- The power of optimism
- Coping optimistically and building your resilience
- Emotional coping strategies (1/2)
- Emotional coping strategies (2/2)
- Find out what matters: Having purpose in your life
- Getting wise: Developing your spiritual well-being
- Positive health: How to build physical well-being and live longer
Putting positive psychology to work at work
- Positive psychology applied to performance and achievement (1/2)
- Positive psychology applied to performance and achievement (2/2)
- Positive psychology applied to business relationships (1/2)
- Positive psychology applied to business relationships (2/2)
- Positive psychology and meaningful work
- Transformational leadership
- Happiness at work
- List of values
- Useful bibliography
- References (1/3)
- References (2/3)
- References (3/3)
- Index (1/2)
- Index (2/2)
- Title: Brilliant Positive Psychology
- Release date: August 2010
- Publisher(s): Pearson Education Limited
- ISBN: 9780273738220
You might also like
C++ Crash Course
Upgrade your Code with C++ C++ is one of the most widely used languages for real-world …
Grokking Algorithms is a friendly take on this core computer science topic. In it, you'll learn …
Positive Psychology: Applications in Work, Health and Well-being underlines a methodical move towards understanding the applications …
Success The Psychology of Achievement
is a dynamic infographic guide that equips you with the tools you need to drive yourself …