Answers to comprehension questions
- As ‘the aggregation of marginal gains’.
- Practice (the more you use them the more natural the techniques become).
- Simply by changing the distance that you hold your book you can improve the efficiency of your vision, reduce eye strain, fatigue and improve both speed and comprehension.
- Skimming and scanning.
- Use of a guide, once mastered, is one of the most important techniques in speed reading.
- The flexibility to alter text to suit your own preferences.
- Latin and Greek.
- $900 billion.
- Spam filtering and intelligent internet search tools.
- The average reading speed is in the region of 200 to 240 words per minute (wpm) with about 60 to 80 per cent comprehension.
- 400 ...