Working with Textures, Sprites, and Fonts
After completing this chapter, you will be able to:
- Use any image or photograph as a texture representing characters or objects in your game
- Understand and use texture coordinates to identify a location on an image
- Optimize texture memory utilization by combining multiple characters and objects into one image
- Produce and control animations using sprite sheets
- Display texts of different fonts and sizes anywhere in your game
Custom-composed images are used to represent almost all objects including characters, backgrounds, and even animations in most 2D games. For this reason, the ...