Today's businesses, applications, social media, and online transactions generate more data than ever before. This data can be explored and analyzed to provide tremendous business value. IBM® InfoSphere® Data Explorer (Data Explorer) enables organizations to simultaneously explore and derive insights from enterprise data that was traditionally stored in "silos" in enterprise applications, different data repositories, and in different data formats.
Applications developed using Data Explorer identify data relationships across these silos, unlocking the business value that is inherent in a unified, 360-degree view of the information related to business entities, such as application users, customers, products, and so on.
This IBM Redbooks® publication provides information about
InfoSphere Data Explorer 9.0. It gives an overview, describes the
architecture, and presents use cases that you can use to accomplish
the following tasks:
Understand the core capabilities of Data Explorer Engine and
Data Explorer Application Builder.
Realize the full potential of Data Explorer
Describe the integration and value of the combination of Data
Explorer and InfoSphere Master Data Management.
Build a 360-degree information application.
Learn by example by following a hands-on lab scenario.
Table of Contents
- Front cover
Chapter 1. Introduction to 360-degree information applications
- 1.1 Defining a 360-degree information application
- 1.2 Business value delivered through 360-degree information applications
- 1.3 Benefits of 360-degree information applications
- 1.4 Introduction to IBM InfoSphere Data Explorer
- 1.5 Introduction to master data management
Chapter 2. InfoSphere Data Explorer overview
- 2.1 Introduction
- 2.2 Data Explorer architecture
- 2.3 Security in Data Explorer Engine applications
- 2.4 Overview of the Data Explorer Engine administration tool
- 2.5 Data Explorer Engine requirements
- 2.6 Application Builder architecture
- 2.7 Application Builder system requirements
- Chapter 3. Planning a 360-degree information application
- Chapter 4. Lab scenario overview
- Chapter 5. Installation and initial configuration
Chapter 6. Preparing the data for Data Explorer Application Builder
- 6.1 Creating the search collections
- 6.2 Configuring the search collections and crawling the data
- 6.3 Optional: Scheduling a refresh
Chapter 7. Creating an application with Application Builder
- 7.1 Defining entities
- 7.2 Enhancing an entity page
- 7.3 Searching Entities
- 7.4 Conclusion
- Chapter 8. Integration with IBM InfoSphere Master Data Management
- Appendix A. Additional material
- Related publications
- Back cover
- Title: Building 360-degree Information Applications
- Release date: January 2014
- Publisher(s): IBM Redbooks
- ISBN: 0738439037