In this chapter I outline:
• How to prepare for an effective team meeting.
• Defining the purpose of a team meeting.
• Establishing the agenda.
• Tips on chairing the meeting.
• Encouraging participation at team meetings.
• Making robust decisions.
• Evaluating your current team meetings.
Do your team meetings seem dull and tiring? Are you making the most of the time that is allocated to them? Do you hold team meetings at all?
Many times I have come across managers of IT depart-ments who have poor meeting habits with their teams. Either they hold very few team meetings and rely on e-mail and phone communication to pass on information to their team members; ...