Increasingly, IT professionals need to work in cross-functional teams. In this chapter I outline:
• The importance of cross-functional team working.
• Why it is important to be aware of political influences in cross-functional teams.
• How to produce a stakeholder map.
• Diagnostic tools that you can use to make improvements in the way a cross-functional team is working.
• The importance of reviewing team performance.
Increasingly in business today, individuals need to work in a wide range of functions. This is true of the IT department, who often provide a service to other parts of the organisation. The ‘business partner’ approach which many organisations ...