Join us for a 5 part series with Nicole Sanchez, the tech industry’s premier consultant for DEI, to learn what you can do to build a more inclusive workplace, how to have difficult but necessary conversations about DEI at your workplace, which metrics really matter, and how to hire and mentor with DEI as a central part of your strategy.
For the last several years, diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) has dominated tech headlines. Companies are beginning to understand that DEI is a vital part of a healthy and successful company. But in the wake of COVID-19 and the resurgence of the Movement for Black Lives, how will this work shift? Will companies stay committed to DEI? And how can we leverage the best practices of inclusion to create sustainable business practices in this challenging time?
In this 5 part series, Nicole Sanchez—Founder and CEO of tech’s leading DEI firm, Vaya Consulting—will talk about where DEI is going next and how companies can move beyond rhetoric and into action.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live, hands-on, five-part-series, you’ll understand:
- How your workplace measures up on DEI
- The importance of mentorship in DEI work
- That change needs to be tied to business goals and metrics for success
- The importance of listening to underrepresented groups and putting systems in place that really support their career growth
And you'll be able to:
- Have conversations about DEI, and specifically race, with your colleagues and leadership
- Put in place hiring practices that support diversity
- Hire and retain underrepresented employees at your organization
This training course is for you because...
- It’s time to prioritize and invest in DEI in your company
- Watch “Meet the Expert: Nicole Sanchez on the Future of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Tech” (video)
- Read So You Want to Talk About Race (book by Ijeoma Oluo)
- Read Algorithms of Oppression (book by Safiya Umoja Noble)
- Explore "Every Single Cognitive Bias in One Infographic" (graphic)
- Follow and explore Diversity and Inclusion (playlist)
- Read Chapter 4 “Engineering for Equity” in Software Engineering at Google (book)
- Read Inclusive Leadership: The Definitive Guide to Developing and Executing an Impactful Diversity and Inclusion Strategy (book)
- Follow and explore DEI Resources (playlist)
- Read Subtle Acts of Exclusion (book)
Table of contents
- Title: Building a More Inclusive Workplace. How to start talking about race at work
- Release date: November 2020
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 0636920507086
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …
Fluent Python, 2nd Edition
Python’s simplicity lets you become productive quickly, but often this means you aren’t using everything it …