Learn to build a private cloud from scratch, using Microsoft Windows Server, System Center Virtual Machine Manager, and Hyper-V technologies.
System Center solutions help IT pros manage the physical and virtual information technology (IT) environments across datacenters, client computers, and devices. Using these integrated and automated management solutions, organizations can be more productive service providers to their businesses.
The transition to private / hybrid clouds is the direction IT is taking right now. Building a Private Cloud Using Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 LiveLessons is for IT Pros and organizations that want the power and flexibility of a multi-tenant cloud, but do not want to risk placing sensitive data in a public cloud. This video teaches you how to build a private cloud from scratch, using Microsoft Windows Server, System Center Virtual Machine Manager, and Hyper-V technologies.
About the Instructor
Brien Posey is a technical writer and 13-time Microsoft MVP award recipient for his work with Exchange Server, Windows Server, IIS, and File Systems Storage. Brien has authored and contributed to dozens of books. He has written more than 4,000 technical articles and white papers for a variety of printed publications and websites. In addition to his writing, Brien routinely speaks at IT conferences and is involved in a wide variety of other technology-related projects. Previously, Brien served as CIO for a national chain of hospitals and healthcare companies. He has also served as a Network Administrator for the Department of Defense at Fort Knox, and for some of the nation's largest insurance companies.
What You Will Learn
- Deploy Hyper-V and Virtual Machine Manager in a way that is appropriate for a cloud scale environment.
- Learn to build a self-service environment that allows users to deploy virtual machines without IT intervention.
- Create templates that can be used to automate VM creation
- Learn how to establish permissions and quotas for private cloud users.
- Explore critical infrastructure concepts such as storage and networking bandwidth.
Who Should Take This Course
- IT professionals working in enterprise environments who are trying to make the transition from a basic virtual datacenter to a self-service, private cloud environment
- Basic knowledge of Windows Server, Hyper-V, IP networking, and server virtualization
About LiveLessons Video Training
The LiveLessons video training series publishes hundreds of hands-on, expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. This professional and personal technology video series features world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, VMware Press, IBM Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que. Topics include: IT Certification, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, Home & Office Technologies, Business & Management, and more. View All LiveLessons at http://www.pearsonitcertification.com/imprint/series_detail.aspx?ser=2185116.
Table of contents
- Introduction 00:03:42
Lesson 1: Private Cloud Planning
- Learning Objectives 00:00:20
- 1.1 What is a private cloud 00:09:24
- 1.2 Plan your private cloud 00:07:52
- 1.3 Create a strategy for successful implementation 00:09:05
Lesson 2: The Basic Infrastructure
- Learning Objectives 00:00:25
- 2.1 Create service accounts 00:07:21
- 2.2 Build the management forest 00:04:13
- 2.3 Prepare SQL Server 00:09:45
- 2.4 Install Hyper-V 00:07:15
- 2.5 Install System Center Virtual Machine Manager 00:08:36
- 2.6 Bring hosts under management 00:06:31
- 2.7 Work with host groups 00:02:21
Lesson 3: Initial Storage Preparation
- Learning Objectives 00:00:21
- 3.1 An introduction to storage classifications and storage types 00:06:00
- 3.2 Work with Windows storage spaces 00:09:52
- 3.3 Configure SMB Storage 00:06:36
- 3.4 Configure iSCSI Storage 00:06:06
- Lesson 4: Preparing Hyper-V Virtual Networking
Lesson 5: Failover Clustering
- Learning Objectives 00:00:24
- 5.1 An introduction to failover clustering 00:08:23
- 5.2 Configure cluster shared storage 00:06:47
- 5.3 Build a failover cluster 00:07:09
- 5.4 Assign storage to the cluster 00:06:21
- 5.5 Configure host reserves 00:05:14
- 5.6 Configure dynamic optimization and power optimization 00:07:53
- Lesson 6: Failover Cluster Patching
- Lesson 7: The Library
- Lesson 8: Private Clouds
- Lesson 9: Deploying Azure Pack
- Summary 00:00:55
- Title: Building a Private Cloud Using Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Live Lessons
- Release date: September 2015
- Publisher(s): Pearson
- ISBN: 0134281616
You might also like
Microsoft Server 2012 Certification - Exam 70-412
In this Microsoft Windows Server 2012 training course for Configuring Advanced Windows Server 2012 Services (70-412), …
Deploying and Managing Hyper-V
Deploying and Managing Hyper-V LiveLessons Description Hyper-V in Windows Server 2012 R2 enables admins to create …
Building, Managing, and Migrating Virtual Machines with Hyper-V and Azure
Description Building, Managing, and Migrating Virtual Machines with Hyper-V and Azure is designed to teach virtualization …
Microsoft Exchange Server 2016
10+ Hours of Video Instruction Learn from an expert while you become the expert. This video …