Build and test software written in Java and many other languages with Gradle, the open source project automation tool that’s getting a lot of attention. This concise introduction provides numerous code examples to help you explore Gradle, both as a build tool and as a complete solution for automating the compilation, test, and release process of simple and enterprise-level applications.
Discover how Gradle improves on the best ideas of Ant, Maven, and other build tools, with standards for developers who want them and lots of flexibility for those who prefer less structure.
- Use Gradle with Groovy, Clojure, Scala, and languages beyond the JVM, such as Flex and C
- Get started building a simple Java program using Gradle's command line tooling and a small build script
- Learn how to configure and construct tasks, Gradle's fundamental unit of build activity
- Take advantage of Gradle's integration with Ant
- Use Gradle to integrate with or transition from Maven, and to build software more cleanly
- Perform application unit and integration tests using JUnit, TestNG, Spock, and Geb
Table of contents
- 1. Hello, Gradle!
2. Gradle Tasks
- Declaring a Task
- Task Action
- Task Configuration
- Tasks Are Objects
- Task Types
- Custom Task Types
- Where Do Tasks Come From?
- 3. Ant and Gradle
4. Maven and Gradle
- Cue Graven?
- The Maven POM and Gradle Build
- Maven Goals, Gradle Tasks
- The Standard Maven Coordinates, Gradle Properties
- More Gradle Properties
- Unit Testing
- Multiple Source Directories
- Default Tasks
- The Maven Plug-in
- Installing to the Local Maven Repository (Cache)
- Publishing to a Maven Repository
- Maven2Gradle Build Script Converter
- Maven POM Import
- 5. Testing with Gradle
- 6. Multiproject Builds
- About the Authors
- Title: Building and Testing with Gradle
- Release date: July 2011
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781449304638
You might also like
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Fundamentals of Software Architecture
Salary surveys worldwide regularly place software architect in the top 10 best jobs, yet no real …