High-precision location information is increasingly useful for mobile application developers, since it allows devices to interact with the world around them. This practical book shows you how to achieve arm’s reach accuracy with iBeacons, simple transmitters that enable your applications to react to nearby surroundings and then deliver timely, relevant information—especially indoors, where GPS and cell service are inaccurate.
Table of Contents
- 1. Introduction
- 2. The iBeacon Protocol
- 3. Setting Up Your Own Beacons
- 4. Application Development
- 5. iOS and iBeacons
- 6. Building iBeacon Networks
- Title: Building Applications with iBeacon
- Release date: October 2014
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781491904572