As businesses collect increasing amounts of vital data, the need for effective, intuitive, and actionable interfaces increases every day. Tableau is part of a new class of business intelligence tools, which dramatically reduce the time and technical acumen required to derive insights from data and publish it in a consumable format.
We'll begin by laying the groundwork for a successful dashboard and then move on to constructing five different dashboards of increasing complexity.
Starting with the Strategic/Executive dashboard, we’ll design a few of the most common dashboard elements and assemble our first complete dashboard. Next, we’ll show you how to use Tactical dashboards for visualizations that can help depict progress and draw attention to important areas. We’ll then dive into increasing the dashboard interactivity by using Operational dashboards when focusing on granular detail. Using advanced techniques in Tableau, we’ll then show you how to use Analytical dashboards that can provide you with the tools to effectively extract knowledge from your data. We’ll also walk through how to quickly create a visualization using Ad-hoc dashboards that allow you to effectively keep an eye on a specific area of interest. Lastly, we’ll cover the styling settings and publication options and conclude with best practices.
This course guides you through the entire “how and why” of each task in the dashboard creation process, which will translate easily to your own dashboard projects.
This course uses Tableau Desktop/Public 8.1, while not the latest version available, it provides relevant and informative content for legacy users of Tableau.
What You Will Learn
- Develop intuitive and informative executive-level dashboards with the appropriate depth of interactivity
- Empower tactical teams to track progress and opportunities using charts and interactivity that quickly surfaces key insights
- Create engaging Operational dashboards to monitor pipeline activities and drive team KPIs
- Expose advanced analytical tools to analysts and others who need to dive in deep to explore the data
- Produce customized visualizations of data to support the decision processes of your stakeholders
- Deliver your finished dashboard with an informative user interface that guides, informs, and amazes your audience
- Publish and distribute your work confidently using the best methods and options for your audience
This video course is for data analysts who want to build interactive and powerful dashboards using Tableau.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Exploring Possibilities and Positioning for Success
- Chapter 2 : Strategic or Executive Dashboards
- Chapter 3 : Tactical Dashboards
- Chpater 4 : Operational Dashboards
- Chapter 5 : Analytical Dashboards
- Chapter 6 : Ad-hoc Dashboards
- Chapter 7 : Customizing and Styling Your Dashboard
- Chapter 8 : Dashboard Publication
- Title: Building Interactive Dashboards with Tableau
- Release date: July 2014
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781782177302
You might also like
Tableau: Creating Interactive Data Visualizations
Illustrate your data in a more interactive way by implementing data visualization principles and creating visual …
Building Interactive Dashboards with Microsoft Power BI
Do you get confused when you analyze data from various sources? If yes, then this course …
Data Visualization with Tableau
Tableau is one of the fastest evolving Business Intelligence (BI) and data visualization tools. Data Visualization …
Data Visualization Using Tableau
Tableau is one of the most powerful, easy use and widely accepted data analysis and visualization …