Create a variety of fully interactive and actionable Tableau dashboards that will inform and impress your audience!
About This Video
Increase your value to an organization by turning existing data into valuable, engaging business intelligence
Master the dashboard planning process by knowing which charts to use and how to create a cohesive flow for your audience
Includes best practices and efficient techniques to walk you through the creation of five progressively engaging dashboards
As businesses collect increasing amounts of vital data, the need for effective, intuitive, and actionable interfaces increases every day. Tableau is part of a new class of business intelligence tools, which dramatically reduce the time and technical acumen required to derive insights from data and publish it in a consumable format.
We'll begin by laying the groundwork for a successful dashboard and then move on to constructing five different dashboards of increasing complexity.
Starting with the Strategic/Executive dashboard, well design a few of the most common dashboard elements and assemble our first complete dashboard. Next, well show you how to use Tactical dashboards for visualizations that can help depict progress and draw attention to important areas. Well then dive into increasing the dashboard interactivity by using Operational dashboards when focusing on granular detail. Using advanced techniques in Tableau, well then show you how to use Analytical dashboards that can provide you with the tools to effectively extract knowledge from your data. Well also walk through how to quickly create a visualization using Ad-hoc dashboards that allow you to effectively keep an eye on a specific area of interest. Lastly, well cover the styling settings and publication options and conclude with best practices.
This course guides you through the entire how and why of each task in the dashboard creation process, which will translate easily to your own dashboard projects.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Exploring Possibilities and Positioning for Success
Chapter 2 : Strategic or Executive Dashboards
- Understanding the Strategic or Executive Dashboard Project 00:03:25
- Creating Text Elements 00:07:04
- Calculating Period-over-period Changes 00:08:43
- Visualizing Comparisons with Bullet Charts 00:07:33
- Arranging Elements on a Dashboard 00:05:46
- Chapter 3 : Tactical Dashboards
- Chpater 4 : Operational Dashboards
- Chapter 5 : Analytical Dashboards
- Chapter 6 : Ad-hoc Dashboards
- Chapter 7 : Customizing and Styling Your Dashboard
- Chapter 8 : Dashboard Publication
- Title: Building Interactive Dashboards with Tableau
- Release date: July 2014
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781782177302