In the crowded field of customer relationship management (CRM) systems, SugarCRM stands out—not only for its modular design, but also for the ease with which you can develop, customize, and extend your CRM applications. This concise book provides a thorough overview of the development tools and APIs available in SugarCRM 6.2, showing both developers and nondevelopers alike how to use them to build a sample application step-by-step.
You'll learn how to bend and twist SugarCRM’s extensible MVC framework to create custom applications, including solutions for automating your business that go beyond traditional CRMs.
- Learn how SugarCRM modules interact with one another through data relationships
- Build your CRM application with SugarCRM’s GUI developer tools—without touching code
- Use built-in design templates with Module Builder to design new CRM modules
- Customize modules with the Studio tool to add new fields or additional relationships between modules
- Automate common and tedious tasks within your application, using custom PHP code with SugarCRM's powerful API
- Integrate external applications into your CRM solution through SugarCRM's web services API
Table of contents
1. What is SugarCRM?
- A Breakdown of the Editions
- What You Need to Install SugarCRM
- What Do You Get with SugarCRM?
2. Developing on the SugarCRM platform
- Customizing the Out-of-the-Box Modules with Studio
- Building New Modules Using Module Builder
- Defining Workflows
- 3. Building Your Application Using the Sugar GUI Developer Tools
- 4. Diving Deeper with Custom Code
- 5. Integrating Your Application with the Outside World
- About the Author
- Title: Building on SugarCRM
- Release date: July 2011
- Publisher(s): O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- ISBN: 9781449309800
You might also like
Head First Design Patterns, 2nd Edition
You know you don’t want to reinvent the wheel, so you look to design patterns—the lessons …
Hands-On Transfer Learning with Python
Deep learning simplified by taking supervised, unsupervised, and reinforcement learning to the next level using the …
Software Engineering at Google
Today, software engineers need to know not only how to program effectively but also how to …
Fundamentals of Software Architecture
Salary surveys worldwide regularly place software architect in the top 10 best jobs, yet no real …