Create and troubleshoot robust and secure RESTful APIs with Go, Echo, and JWE
About This Video
- Build and deploy RESTful web services in a production environment
- Make your API more secure using basic auth and encrypted JSON
- Secure go applications for deployment with scalability in mind.
REST is an architectural style that tackles the challenges of building scalable web services. APIs provide the fabric through which systems interact, and REST has become synonymous with APIs. The depth, breadth, and ease of use of Go, make it a breeze for developers to work with it to build robust Web APIs. This course will teach you to build a RESTful web server. You will learn to add routing and handle requests, thus making your APIs more RESTful. Later, by testing and profiling your code you will ensure it runs correctly and behaves well at scale. Moving on with security, you will learn to log requests and outcomes of API calls and speed up performance using the Echo framework. By the end of this course, you will have the knowledge you need to start building your own enterprise-grade RESTful web services that are production-ready, secure, scalable, and reliable.
The course assumes some experience with the Go programming language, as well as some knowledge of HTTP. RESTful web service concepts, JSON, and some Go language features will be introduced in enough detail so viewers can use them to build RESTful services with Go.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : RESTful API in Go - Why?
- Chapter 2 : Your First API Server
- Chapter 3 : Making Your API RESTful
- Chapter 4 : Testing and Profiling
- Chapter 5 : Frameworks and Middleware
- Title: Building RESTful APIs with Go
- Release date: December 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789614992
You might also like
Mastering Go Programming
Master programming with Go by learning how to write idiomatic, effective code About This Video Program …
Go in Action Video Edition
"A concise and comprehensive guide to exploring, learning, and using Go." From the Foreword by Steve …
Learn Go in 3 Hours
Convert your existing experience to write your own Go projects by getting up to speed on …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …