Create and troubleshoot robust and secure RESTful APIs with Go, Echo, and JWE
About This Video
- Build and deploy RESTful web services in a production environment
- Make your API more secure using basic auth and encrypted JSON
- Secure go applications for deployment with scalability in mind.
REST is an architectural style that tackles the challenges of building scalable web services. APIs provide the fabric through which systems interact, and REST has become synonymous with APIs. The depth, breadth, and ease of use of Go, make it a breeze for developers to work with it to build robust Web APIs. This course will teach you to build a RESTful web server. You will learn to add routing and handle requests, thus making your APIs more RESTful. Later, by testing and profiling your code you will ensure it runs correctly and behaves well at scale. Moving on with security, you will learn to log requests and outcomes of API calls and speed up performance using the Echo framework. By the end of this course, you will have the knowledge you need to start building your own enterprise-grade RESTful web services that are production-ready, secure, scalable, and reliable.
Al the codes and supporting files are available on GitHub at https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Building-RESTful-APIs-with-Go
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : RESTful API in Go - Why?
- Chapter 2 : Your First API Server
Chapter 3 : Making Your API RESTful
- Outlining the API 00:03:57
- Setting Up a Data Store 00:04:12
- Record Manipulation 00:08:12
- Creating a Custom Handler 00:08:06
- Retrieving a List (GET) 00:05:14
- Creating an Item (POST) 00:08:27
- Retrieving an Item (GET) 00:07:31
- Replacing an Item (PUT) 00:02:16
- Updating an Item (PATCH) 00:01:50
- Removing an Item (DELETE) 00:02:58
- Retrieving Headers (HEAD) 00:02:54
- Retrieving Options (OPTIONS) 00:05:00
- Chapter 4 : Testing and Profiling
- Chapter 5 : Frameworks and Middleware
- Title: Building RESTful APIs with Go
- Release date: December 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781789614992