96 Building SOA-based Solutions for IBM System i Platform
6.4.1 Setting up the environment
Before you can begin developing stored procedures in WebSphere Development Studio client
for iSeries, you must enable the database development capabilities. These capabilities are
groups of functions that can be disabled or enabled as you need them. When you start the
workbench for the first time, the database development capabilities are disabled.
Follow these steps to enable the database development capabilities:
1. Start WebSphere Development Studio client for iSeries.
2. From the menu bar select Window → Preferences.
3. Expand the Workbench node, and click Capabilities.
4. Expand the Database Developer node in the Capabilities list.
5. Select Core Database Development and Stored Procedure and User-Defined
Function Development as shown in Figure 6-23.
6. Click OK.
Figure 6-23 Enabling database capabilities
6.4.2 Creating and building an SQL stored procedure
In the previous example, you created a dynamic Web project and a database connection. So
you can skip these steps and move forward to the steps to create a stored procedure.
This section explains how to use a wizard to create a DB2 SQL stored procedure. This simple
procedure receives two parameters and returns a result set.