12 Release and deployment
This chapter covers
- Getting the web API ready for release
- Adopting a security by design approach
- Setting up a content-delivery network (CDN)
- Creating a Windows Server virtual machine (VM) in Microsoft Azure
- Installing and configuring Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Deploying the web API to Windows Server with Visual Studio
We’re close to the end of our journey. Our ASP.NET Core web API project is mature enough to be classified as a potentially shippable product (PSP), a definition used by most Agile methodologies to indicate that the application, although still incomplete, has reached a level of maturity solid enough to be shown to product owners, beta testers, and/or end users.
It’s important to understand that ...