A business case is a logical, structured argument to bring about business change, aimed at the decision makers in an organisation. A persuasive, well-written business case can win over your readers and get you the all important approval you need.
In this book you’ll discover the do’s and don’ts of pitching your ideas through a business case. You'll learn what the essential components of a business case are, including what key questions you should be answering, how to structure your business case, factors to consider when thinking about benefits and risks, and how best to tackle ROI. ---
'Presents a practical and down to earth approach to business case development.' Peter Wheatcroft , Moderator for the UK IT Industry Awards, Service Desk and Incident Manager
Table of contents
- Front Cover
- Half-Title Page
- BCS, THE CHARTERED INSTITUTE FOR IT
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- 1. INTRODUCTION: WHAT IS A BUSINESS CASE?
2. THE KEY QUESTIONS YOUR CASE NEEDS TO ANSWER
- What is the need that your business case addresses?
- What evidence do you have to demonstrate the need?
- What are you proposing to do to meet the need?
- What are the other options?
- How does your business case fit with the appropriate mission, strategy and values?
- What disbenefits are there?
- How will you know youâve achieved what you set out to do?
- How long will it take to implement?
- What are the known unknowns?
- What do you need?
- What will the impact on the business be?
- Key takeaways
- 3. THE IMPORTANCE OF IDENTIFYING EVERY STAKEHOLDER
- 4. HOW TO STRUCTURE YOUR BUSINESS CASE
- 5. BENEFITS AND OUTCOME ANALYSIS
- 6. THINKING ABOUT RISKS
- 7. ROI: WHAT IT IS AND WHY YOU NEED TO SHOW IT
- 8. INTERNAL OPPOSITION: THE ENEMY IN THE RANKS
- 9. MAKING YOUR CASE WITH A PRESENTATION
- 10. THE IMPORTANCE OF EDITING
- 11. SUBMITTING YOUR BUSINESS CASE
- 12. AFTERWORD
- Back Cover
- Title: Business Cases That Get Results
- Release date: January 2019
- Publisher(s): BCS Learning & Development Limited
- ISBN: 9781780174556
You might also like
Cybersecurity Blue Team Toolkit
A practical handbook to cybersecurity for both tech and non-tech professionals As reports of major data …
Designing Data-Intensive Applications
Data is at the center of many challenges in system design today. Difficult issues need to …
Complete Guide to Test Automation: Techniques, Practices, and Patterns for Building and Maintaining Effective Software Projects
Rely on this robust and thorough guide to build and maintain successful test automation. As the …
Reinforcement learning (RL) will deliver one of the biggest breakthroughs in AI over the next decade, …