Book descriptionPowerful Earthquake Triggers Tsunami in Pacific. Hurricane Katrina Makes Landfall in the Gulf Coast. Avalanche Buries Highway in Denver. Tornado Touches Down in Georgia. These headlines not only have caught the attention of people around the world, they have had a significant effect on IT professionals as well.
As technology continues to become more integral to corporate operations at every level of the organization, the job of IT has expanded to become almost all-encompassing. These days, it’s difficult to find corners of a company that technology does not touch. As a result, the need to plan for potential disruptions to technology services has increased exponentially.
That is what Business Continuity Planning (BCP) is: a methodology used to create a plan for how an organization will recover after a disaster of various types. It takes into account both security and corporate risk management tatics.
There is a lot of movement around this initiative in the industry: the British Standards Institute is releasing a new standard for BCP this year. Trade shows are popping up covering the topic.
* Complete coverage of the 3 categories of disaster: natural hazards, human-caused hazards, and accidental and technical hazards.
* Only published source of information on the new BCI standards and government requirements.
* Up dated information on recovery from cyber attacks, rioting, protests, product tampering, bombs, explosions, and terrorism.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- About the Author
- Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Overview
- Chapter 2: Project Initiation
- Chapter 3: Risk Assessment
- Chapter 4: Business Impact Analysis
- Chapter 5: Mitigation Strategy Development
- Chapter 6: Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Plan Development
- Chapter 7: Emergency Response and Recovery
- Chapter 8: Training, Testing, and Auditing
- Chapter 9: BC/DR Plan Maintenance
- Appendix A: Risk Management Checklist
- Appendix B: Crisis Communications Checklist
- Appendix C: Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Response Checklist
- Appendix D: Emergency and Recovery Response Checklist
- Appendix E: Business Continuity Checklist
- Appendix F: IT Recovery Checklists
- Appendix G: Training, Testing, and Auditing Checklists
- Appendix H: BC/DR Plan Maintenance Checklist
- Instructions for online access
- Title: Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery Planning for IT Professionals
- Release date: April 2011
- Publisher(s): Syngress
- ISBN: 9780080553726
You might also like
CompTIA Security+ Review Guide, 4th Edition
Consolidate your knowledge base with critical Security+ review CompTIA Security+ Review Guide, Fourth Edition, is the …
CISSP in 21 Days - Second Edition
Boost your confidence and get the competitive edge you need to crack the exam in just …
Introduction to Computer Networks and Cybersecurity
If a network is not secure, how valuable is it? Introduction to Computer Networks and Cybersecurity …
Automating Active Directory® Administration with Windows PowerShell® 2.0
Focused content on automating the user authentication and authorization tool for Windows environments Automation helps make …