1. Gregory Mankiw, Principles of Economics, Thomson: South-Western, Div of Thomson Learning, 2006 and John Sloman, Economics, third edition, Prentice Economics, Europe: Prentice-Hall, 1999.
2. Adam Smith, An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of Wealth of Nations, (New York: Random House, 1937).
4. World Bank, “New Global Poverty Estimates—What it means for India”. http://www.worldbank.org.in/WBSITE/EXTERNAL/COUNTRIES/SOUTHASIAEXT/INDIAEXTN/0,contentMDK:21880725~pagePK:141137~piPK:141127~theSitePK:295584,00.html
5. Tata Services Limited, Statistical Outline of India 2008–09 Mumbai: Tata Services Limited, 2009, 266.
6. Census of India 2001, Series I, Paper I of 2001, Provisional Population Totals, Cited by Ruddar Datt and ...