1. Alfred Marshall, Principles of Economics, eighth edition, London: Macmillan and Co. Limited, 1938.
2. Samuelson and Nordhaus, Economics, eighteenth edition, New Delhi: Tata McGraw-Hill Publishing Co. Ltd., 2005.
3. McConnell, Brue and Macpherson, Contemporary Labor Economics, fifth edition, Singapore: Irwin/McGraw Hill, 1999.
4. Sidney and Beatrice Webb, History of Trade Unionism, New York, N.Y.: Longman Green, 1894.
5. S. D. Punekar, S. B. Deodhar and S. Sankaran, Trade Unions in India, New Delhi: Himalaya Publishing House, 1990.
6. B. D. Singh, Industrial Relations and Labour Laws, New Delhi: Excel Books, 2008.
7. National Commission on Labour (NCL), Report of 1969, Ministry of Labour, Government of India.
8. Charles Myers, ...