GenServe Hardware Requirements
The GenServe application requires that the following hardware be provided by TSI:
- Note: Kiosks are provided by Genenco through a separate contract.
- A total of five servers are needed—virtualization solutions will be considered. A main data frame should be created.
- All servers should support these specifications:
- Maximized random access memory
- Fiber optic network connection to the backbone
- Redundant power supplies and fans
- Current Windows server software
- Other system management software as recommended
- Multiserver keyboard, video, mouse (KVM) solution
- The servers will run the following:
- Application server
- MS-Commerce server
- MS-SQL server
- MS-Exchange server and the Genenco software
- In addition to the local hard drive on the servers, a Raid 5 (minimum 10 terabyte) storage area network (SAN) or network-attached storage (NAS) must be provided.
This ICT with its associated applications are required to run the server side of the GenServe application. The previous list is needed to support the Genenco applications only. The ICT infrastructure design must include other servers to support the business goals of TSI (i.e., servers other than those required by Genenco). Virtualization solutions for the delivery of desktop applications will also be considered. In addition, the main data frame must have UPS protection to handle electrical power fluctuations, must provide orderly shutdown in the case of power failure, and must have 20 minutes of ...