A one-page tool to reinvent yourself and your career
The global bestseller Business Model Generation introduced a unique visual way to summarize and creatively brainstorm any business or product idea on a single sheet of paper. Business Model You uses the same powerful one-page tool to teach readers how to draw "personal business models," which reveal new ways their skills can be adapted to the changing needs of the marketplace to reveal new, more satisfying, career and life possibilities. Produced by the same team that created Business Model Generation, this book is based on the Business Model Canvas methodology, which has quickly emerged as the world's leading business model description and innovation technique.
This book shows readers how to:
Understand business model thinking and diagram their current personal business model
Understand the value of their skills in the marketplace and define their purpose
Articulate a vision for change
Create a new personal business model harmonized with that vision, and most important, test and implement the new model
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Co-created by 328 work life wizards …
- Real Reinventors:
- CHAPTER 1: Business Model Thinking: Adapting to a Changing World
- CHAPTER 2: The Business Model Canvas
- CHAPTER 3: The Personal Business Model Canvas
CHAPTER 4: Who Are You?
- The World Beyond Work
- Answering the “Who Am I?” Question
- Core Interests to the Fore!
- Multiple Roles
- Multiple Canvases
- Lifeline Discovery
- Personality and Environment
- Uncover Your Key Personality Tendency
- What Sort of Person Are You?
- Defining Work, Defining Ourselves
- A Message to the Unsure
- How do you spend most of your time?
- WHERE WE GO FROM HERE
- CHAPTER 5: Identify Your Career Purpose
- CHAPTER 4: Who Are You?
- CHAPTER 8: Calculate Your Business Value
- CHAPTER 9: Test Your Model in the Market
- CHAPTER 10: What's Next?
- Title: Business Model You: A One-Page Method For Reinventing Your Career
- Release date: March 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118156315
You might also like
Value Proposition Design: How to Create Products and Services Customers Want
The authors of the international bestseller Business Model Generation explain how to create value propositions customers …
The Business Model Book
Business models are the beating heart of your firm's value proposition. Great business models drive rapid …
Value Stream Mapping: How to Visualize Work and Align Leadership for Organizational Transformation
The first of its kind—a Value Stream Mapping book written for those in service and office …
Business Model Generation: A Handbook for Visionaries, Game Changers, and Challengers
Business Model Generation is a handbook for visionaries, game changers, and challengers striving to defy outmoded …