Offer and Acceptance
After carefully reading this chapter, you will be able:
- To understand the meaning of offer and acceptance.
- To explain the rules regarding offer and acceptance.
- To distinguish between an express offer and an implied offer.
- To get a clear idea about, revocation of offer and acceptance.
- To describe the rules regarding communication of an offer and an acceptance.
MEANING AND DEFINITION OF OFFER
An offer means a proposal made by one party to another to enter into a binding contract. Sec. 2(a) of the contract act has defined an offer as, ‘A person is said to have made a proposal, when he signifies to another his willingness to do or abstain from doing anything, with a view to obtain his assent to such ...