After carefully reading this chapter, you will be able:
- To understand the meaning and importance of consent to contract.
- To get a clear idea about, when contract becomes free.
- To describe the meaning, and consequences of coercion, undue influence, misrepresentation, mistake and fraud.
- To differentiate between coercion & undue influence and misrepresentation and fraud.
- To gather knowledge about different types of mistakes and their effects on a contract.
A contract is the result of the consent of the parties involved. It means that, there must be perfect harmony of mind of both parties. There must not be any misunderstanding between them regarding the subject matter of the agreement. This means they must ...