Termination or Discharge of Contracts
After carefully reading this chapter, you will be able :
- To understand the meaning of termination of contracts and the ways in which a contract may be terminated or discharged.
- To get a clear idea of Supervening impossibility and it's consequences.
- To identify cases which do not come under the doctrine of Supervening impossibility.
- To understand the meaning of breach of contract, the various types of breach of contract and the remedies available to the aggrieved party under breach of contract.
- To explain the various types of damages and the principle determining amount of damage.
- To understand the meaning of quantum-meruit and the cases on which a claim for quantum-meruit may arise. ...