After carefully reading this chapter, you will be able:
- To understand the Concept of Agency and the various types of agents.
- To describe the various ways of creating an agency.
- To get a clear idea about, who can be an agent and who can appoint an agent.
- To explain, what happens when an agent exceeds his authority.
- To enumerate, the rights and duties of the agent and the principal.
- To identify the cases, where the agent becomes personally liable.
- To distinguish between a sub-agent and a co-agent.
- To explain the meaning of pretended agent and an agent having a undisclosed principal.
- To identify the various ways of terminating an agency.
MEANING AND DEFINITION
Sometimes, a person is unable to attend to all matters ...