Conditions and Warranties
After carefully reading this chapter, you will be able:
- understand clearly the meaning of conditions and warranties in a contract of sale.
- distinguish between conditions and warranties.
- identify the situations, when a breach of condition can be treated as breach of warranty.
- explain clearly, the implied conditions and implied warranties in a contract of sale.
- get a clear idea about the doctrine of caveat emptor.
CONDITIONS AND WARRANTIES
Like any other contract, a contract of sale consists of some terms fixed by the parties, at the time of making of the contract. These terms are sometimes based on the statements made by the seller, on the nature and quality of the goods or about their fitness ...