“Sir John’s ability to comprehend complex concepts and distill these into money-making ideas for his investors was legendary. With this book, Scott Phillips extends Sir John Templeton’s crystal clear vision to some of tomorrow’s most interesting and powerful money-making opportunities. All readers should be prepared to learn–and profit!”
–Jeffrey Everett, Founding Partner, Everkey Global Partners
“The brilliant global investing strategy of Sir John Templeton finds new life in Scott Phillips’ Buying at the Point of Maximum Pessimism. With the U.S. in trouble, savvy international investing is a must, and this book shows you the best places to put your money for serious profits ahead.”
–Christopher Ruddy, CEO, Newsmax Media, Inc.
“In Buying at the Point of Maximum Pessimism, Scott Phillips delivers a road map to investment success traveled by the very few but guaranteed to lead you to enormous profits. The book offers a delightful, common sense approach to investing that unfortunately is not so common.”
–Robert P. Miles, author, The Warren Buffett CEO
"If you want to mitigate your risks while leveraging your long-term sources for growth, read every page of this book and invest accordingly. In ten or twenty years you will look back and be thankful you did.”
–Theodore Roosevelt Malloch, Ph.D., Research Professor, Yale University and CEO, The Roosevelt Group
Value Investing for the 2010s!Earn Consistent Long-Term Profits in a Radically New Market Environment
Legendary value investor Sir John Templeton knew the secret of earning consistent profits: In times of maximum pessimism, recognize what your long-term opportunities are–and be ready to pounce. This book shows you where today’s long-term opportunities are, so you can earn outsized profits when the “herd” is running away in terror.
Lauren Templeton Capital Management’s Scott Phillips identifies six powerful value investing themes for the 2010s: areas of long-term growth that become even more compelling in volatile or bear markets. This is value investing for the 2010s: a set of emerging opportunities you can profit from, while other investors are selling in fear!
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Praise for Buying at the Point of Maximum Pessimism
- About the Author
- Chapter 1. The Fed Sentences the Consumer to Debtor’s Prison
- Chapter 2. The Biggest Gamblers Go “All In” on the Housing Bet
- Chapter 3. Financial Chaos
- Chapter 4. Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
- Chapter 5. A New Landscape for Investors
- Chapter 6. China: Ready for Prime Time
- Chapter 7. Proteins and Agribusiness: Billions and Billions to Be Served
- Chapter 8. Formula for Success: Rise Early, Work Hard, Strike Oil
- Chapter 9. An All-Too-Common Tragedy
- Chapter 10. What Happens When 700 Million Students Want Extra Help?
- Chapter 11. A Rare Opportunity
- Financial Times Press
- Title: Buying at the Point of Maximum Pessimism: Six Value Investing Trends from China to Oil to Agriculture
- Release date: May 2010
- Publisher(s): FT Press
- ISBN: 9780137084463