800+ pages of top-notch coverage; perfect for learning the fundamentals of C#!
C# is a complex programming language for building .NET-connected software for Microsoft Windows, cloud computing, the Web, and a wide range of devices. Today's developers use it to develop Azure and Windows Phone apps, and Android applications using Mono. Novice programmers can get up and running quickly on C# using this practical guide. Crammed with 800+ pages of information, this all-in-one book helps you quickly create a C# program while learning C# and object-oriented programming fundamentals, Windows and Windows phone programming, and more.
Helps novice programmers learn C# programming and create their first C# program
Explains how to create Windows applications with C# and Visual Studio
Delves into Windows Phone programming, as well as object-oriented programming basics
Covers debugging, errors, comparisons with C++ and Java, classes and arrays, variables, and more
Includes access to a companion website with sample code and bonus materials
Everything you need to make the move to C# programming is right here, in C# 2012 All-in-One For Dummies.
Note: The ebook version does not provide access to the companion files.
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Table of Contents
Book I: The Basics of C# Programming
- Chapter 1: Creating Your First C# Console Application
- Chapter 2: Living with Variability - Declaring Value-Type Variables
- Chapter 3: Pulling Strings
- Chapter 4: Smooth Operators
- Chapter 5: Getting into the Program Flow
- Chapter 6: Lining Up Your Ducks with Collections
- Chapter 7: Stepping through Collections
- Chapter 8: Buying Generic
- Chapter 9: Some Exceptional Exceptions
Book II: Object-Oriented C# Programming
- Chapter 1: Object-Oriented Programming - What's It All About?
- Chapter 2: Showing Some Class
- Chapter 3: We Have Our Methods
- Chapter 4: Let Me Say This about this
- Chapter 5: Holding a Class Responsible
- Chapter 6: Inheritance: Is That All I Get?
- Chapter 7: Poly-what-ism?
- Chapter 8: Interfacing with the Interface
- Chapter 9: Delegating Those Important Events
- Chapter 10: Can I Use Your Namespace in the Library?
- Chapter 11: Improving Productivity with Named and Optional Parameters
- Book III: Designing for C#
- Book IV: A Tour of Visual Studio
- Book V: Windows Development with WPF
- Book VI: Web Development with ASP.NET
- Book VII: Service-Oriented Development
- Cheat Sheet
- Title: C# 5.0 All-in-One For Dummies
- Release date: January 2013
- Publisher(s): For Dummies
- ISBN: 9781118385364
You might also like
C# in Depth, 4th Ed, Video Edition
"Jon doesn’t just explain how C# works; he explains how the whole thing holds together as …
Become well-versed with basic networking concepts such as routing, switching, and subnetting, and prepare for the …
Exam Ref 70-483 Programming in C#, Second Edition
Prepare for the latest versions of Microsoft Exam 70-483 and help demonstrate your real-world mastery of …
Beginning C# 7 Programming with Visual Studio 2017
Easily get started programming using the ultra-versatile C# 7 and Visual Studio 2017 Beginning C# 7 …