Building and Consuming Web Services
This chapter is about learning how to build web services using ASP.NET Core Web API, and then consuming web services using HTTP clients that could be any other type of .NET app, including a website, a Windows desktop app, or a mobile app.
This chapter assumes knowledge and skills that you learned in Chapter 11, Working with Databases Using Entity Framework Core and Chapter 16, Building Websites Using the Model-View-Controller Pattern.
In this chapter, we will cover the following topics:
- Building web services using ASP.NET Core Web API
- Documenting and testing web services
- Consuming services using HTTP clients
- Implementing advanced features
- Understanding other communication technologies