Protecting Your Data and Applications
This chapter is about protecting your data from being viewed by malicious users using encryption, and from being manipulated or corrupted using hashing and signing.
In .NET Core 2.1, Microsoft introduced new
Span<T>-based cryptography APIs for hashing, random number generation, asymmetric signature generation and processing, and RSA encryption. This chapter covers the following topics:
- Understanding the vocabulary of protection
- Encrypting and decrypting data
- Hashing data
- Signing data
- Generating random numbers
- What's new in cryptography?
- Authenticating and authorizing users
Understanding the vocabulary of protection
There are many techniques to protect your data; below we'll briefly introduce ...