The chief merit of language is clearness.
High thoughts must have high language.
Our life is frittered away with detail. . . . Simplify, simplify.
—Henry David Thoreau
My object all sublime I shall achieve in time.
—W. S. Gilbert
Man is still the most extraordinary computer of all.
—John F. Kennedy
In this chapter you will learn:
• The history of the Visual C# programming language.
• Some basics of object technology.
• The history of the UML—the industry-standard object-oriented system modeling language.
• The history of the Internet and the World Wide Web.
• The motivation behind and an overview of the Microsoft’s .NET initiative, which involves ...