13. Graphical User Interface Concepts: Part 1
... the wisest prophets make sure of the event first.
...The user should feel in control of the computer; not the other way around. This is achieved in applications that embody three qualities: responsiveness, permissiveness, and consistency.
—Apple Computer, Inc. 1985
All the better to see you with my dear.
—The Big Bad Wolf to Little Red Riding Hood
In this chapter you will learn:
• Design principles of graphical user interfaces (GUIs).
• How to create graphical user interfaces.
• How to process events that are generated by user interactions with GUI controls.
• The namespaces that contain the classes for graphical user interface controls and event handling.