C# in Depth, Third Edition updates the best-selling second edition to cover the new features of C# 5, including the challenges of writing maintainable asynchronous code. It preserves the uniquely insightful look into the tricky areas and dusty corners of C# that only expert Jon Skeet can provide.
About this Book
If you’re a .NET developer, you’ll use C# whether you’re building an advanced enterprise application or just slamming out a quick app. In C# 5 you can do amazing things with generics, lambda expressions, dynamic typing, LINQ, iterator blocks, and other features. But first you have to learn it in depth.
C# in Depth, Third Edition has been thoroughly revised to cover the new features of C# 5, including the subtleties of writing maintainable asynchronous code. You’ll see the power of C# in action, learning how to work with high-value features that you’ll be glad to have in your toolkit. And you’ll learn to avoid hidden pitfalls of C# programming with the help of crystal clear explanations of “behind the scenes” issues.
This book assumes you’ve digested your first C# book and are hungry for more!.
Updated for C# 5
The new async/await feature
How C# works and why
About the Author
Jon Skeet is a Senior Software Engineer at Google, and a highly visible participant of newsgroups, user groups, international conferences, and the Stack Overflow Q&A site. Jon spends much of his day coding in Java, but his heart belongs to C#.
Table of Contents
- Brief Table of Contents
- Table of Contents
- Praise for the Second Edition
- Praise for the First Edition
- About this Book
- About the Author
- About the Cover Illustration
- Part 1. Preparing for the journey
- Part 2. C# 2: Solving the issues of C# 1
- Part 3. C# 3: Revolutionizing data access
- Part 4. C# 4: Playing nicely with others
- Part 5. C# 5: Asynchrony made simple
- Appendix A. LINQ standard query operators
- Appendix B. Generic collections in .NET
- Appendix C. Version summaries
- List of Figures
- List of Tables
- List of Listings
- Title: C# in Depth, Third Edition: Foreword by Eric Lippert
- Release date: September 2013
- Publisher(s): Manning Publications
- ISBN: 9781617291340