Practical projects to get you up and running with C++17
About This Video
- Learn C++ programming with exciting projects that bridge the gap between learning and doing
- Play with C++ as you get hands-on experience with various projects
- Get up and running with GUI programming concepts as you play with some fun projects using Qt
C++ is a flexible and generic language that offers a wide range of benefits with key strengths being software infrastructure and resource-constrained applications. This course is an introductory guide to C++ that will help you learn the language through multiple hands-on examples.
You’ll begin by diving into the C++ basics, syntax, and generic programming features. We’ll then move on to using data structures and algorithms with C++. Next, you’ll delve into the object-oriented features of C++ with another practical example.
Finally, you’ll further enhance your C++ programming skills by creating multiple GUI, desktop applications using Qt5. By the end of this course, you will have gained knowledge of core programming concepts in C++, and how to implement them effectively.
The code files are placed at: https://github.com/PacktPublishing/C-plusplus-Programming-By-Example
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction to C++ and Qt
- Chapter 2 : Building a Virtual Die with C++
- Chapter 3 : Data Structures and Algorithms: Building a Sorting Application
- Chapter 4 : Classes and Structures: Building a Casino Guessing Game
- Chapter 5 : Building a Library Management System
- Chapter 6 : Getting Acquainted with Qt
Chapter 7 : Qt Signals and Slots: Building a Text Editor
- Setting Up Your Text Editor Project 00:02:50
- Creating a Basic GUI in Qt Creator 00:07:14
- Reacting to User Interaction with Signals and Slots 00:12:39
- Creating Custom Slots 00:07:04
- Finishing the Text Editor 00:04:08
- Chapter 8 : Building a Painting Application in Qt5
- Title: C++ Programming By Example
- Release date: November 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788395595