C++ is a flexible and generic language that offers a wide range of benefits with key strengths being software infrastructure and resource-constrained applications. This course is an introductory guide to C++ that will help you learn the language through multiple hands-on examples.
You’ll begin by diving into the C++ basics, syntax, and generic programming features. We’ll then move on to using data structures and algorithms with C++. Next, you’ll delve into the object-oriented features of C++ with another practical example.
Finally, you’ll further enhance your C++ programming skills by creating multiple GUI, desktop applications using Qt5. By the end of this course, you will have gained knowledge of core programming concepts in C++, and how to implement them effectively.
What You Will Learn
- C++ syntax and industry-standard style
- Develop and architect C++ apps in a modular and maintainable way
- Implement the use of modern language features that make code readable and concise
- Develop efficient and well-designed applications
- Develop a simple yet fun desktop GUI application using the Qt5 framework
This course is designed for professionals who would like to learn the C++ programming language practically and quickly. Any sort of programming experience would be helpful, but not mandatory.
About The Author
Paul Tsouchlos: Paul Tsouchlos is a Product Development Engineer at a small life sciences company with a background in Biomedical Engineering. He enjoys coding in C++, Java, Android, and C# and also occasionally pilot racing drones. You can find him on GitHub @DeveloperPaul123, on his blog developerpaul123.github.io and YouTube @DeveloperPaul123.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Introduction to C++ and Qt
- Chapter 2 : Building a Virtual Die with C++
- Chapter 3 : Data Structures and Algorithms: Building a Sorting Application
- Chapter 4 : Classes and Structures: Building a Casino Guessing Game
- Chapter 5 : Building a Library Management System
- Chapter 6 : Getting Acquainted with Qt
- Chapter 7 : Qt Signals and Slots: Building a Text Editor
- Chapter 8 : Building a Painting Application in Qt5
- Title: C++ Programming By Example
- Release date: November 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788395595
You might also like
Python Challenges: 100 Proven Programming Tasks Designed to Prepare You for Anything
Augment your knowledge of Python with this entertaining learning guide, which features 100 exercises and programming …
Microsoft Power BI - The Complete Masterclass [2023 EDITION]
Microsoft Power BI is an interactive data visualization software primarily focusing on business intelligence, part of …
Hands-On RTOS with Microcontrollers
Build a strong foundation in designing and implementing real-time systems with the help of practical examples …
Machine Learning for Absolute Beginners - Level 1
Instead of using hard-coded rules for performing something, artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML) prepare …