In this final chapter you have learned how to automate parts of Cacti.
Specifically, you have covered:
- Using the CLI to add realm permissions to a user
- Importing devices using the CLI and some custom code
- Installing the Autom8 plugin
- Creating a tree rule for automatically putting devices into the correct Cacti tree
- Creating a graph rule for adding 64-bit counter traffic graphs to all interfaces which are up and are using SNMP version 2
You should now be able to automate most of the common Cacti tasks by using the Cacti CLI and the Autom8 plugin.
The information you've learned throughout this book allows you to install and manage your own Cacti instance. You've read how to extend Cacti with readily available plugins and how to create your own plugins. ...