Laying Down the Law for Derivatives
In This Chapter
- When can you find a derivative?
- Calculating rates of change
- Simple derivative techniques
- Derivatives of trigonometric functions
- Multiple derivatives
- Using calculators to evaluate derivatives
One of my most memorable college professors was a kindly Korean man named Dr. Oh. One of the reasons his class sticks out in my mind is the way he was able to illustrate things with bizarre but poignant imagery. The day we first discussed the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus, he described it in his usual understated way. “Today’s topic is like the day the world was created. Yesterday, not interesting. ...