In This Chapter
- “Un-deriving” expressions
- The Power Rule for Integration
- Integrating trigonometric functions
- Don’t hate, separate!
- The Fundamental Theorem: the connection to area
- The key to u-substitution
Are you a little perplexed? Probably. We spent the first 13 chapters of the book discussing complex mathematical procedures, and then suddenly and without warning we’re calculating the area of rectangles in Chapter 14. Kind of a letdown, I know. Most people have this terrifying view of calculus, and assume that everything in it is impossible to understand; they are usually surprised to be calculating simple areas ...