In this chapter, you will
• Explore the project manager role
• Understand the project manager’s influence
• Learn the project management competencies
• Learn to lead and manage a successful project
• Study project integration
As a PMP candidate, you’re likely already serving as a project manager in your organization. If you’re aiming to pass the CAPM exam, you might not yet be a project manager, but you are working on projects as a team lead or project management assistant. In either case, the PMP and the CAPM exams will test your knowledge of the typical roles and responsibilities of a project manager. You’ll need to be familiar with the most common types of activities and characteristics of a project ...