A contrarian and controversial look at personal finance, and a super simple strategy for making—and keeping—more money
Traditional financial wisdom persuades us to grow our net worth and build our assets. But traditional financial wisdom is often wrong. In Cash Cows, Pigs and Jackpots: The Simplest Personal Finance Strategy You'll Ever See, author and Chartered Accountant David Trahair challenges everything we think we know about managing our money, suggesting that that we follow the lead of the financial institutions that are leading us down the path to financial ruin.
The banks, brokers, and investment companies of the world make enormous sums of money because they know that cash is king and they know how to guarantee cash flow from their clients on a continual basis. They aren't making the bulk of their money from investing in the stock market—they're leeching it from regular people like you, every minute of every day. Cash Cows, Pigs and Jackpots turns the tables, showing that the biggest cash cow we have is ourselves. Instead of chasing a dream that will never come true, it presents a financial plan so simple even a 10-year-old could understand it.
Explains why the common consensus about making money is inherently flawed
Presents an incredibly simple, easy-to-follow plan for really making and saving money
Exposes the dangers of trusting money to a bank or broker
Helping you break asset addiction, get out of debt, and increase your personal cash flow—and your wealth with it, Cash Cows, Pigs and Jackpots explains how bringing more cash into your life and watching carefully where it goes will allow you to save more, live the life you want, and avoid as much risk as possible—a great strategy going into the stormy financial years to come
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Chapter 1: The Cash Cow Strategy
- Chapter 2: Taking Care of Your Biggest Cash Cow
- Chapter 3: Who Wants to Be a Millionaire?
- Chapter 4: The Trap: Why You Aren't Getting Rich and They Are
- Chapter 5: The Dream of Home Ownership
- Chapter 6: The Condominium Conundrum
- Chapter 7: Inflation: Monster or Myth?
- Chapter 8: Maximizing Your Canada Pension Plan
- Chapter 9: Can We Rely on the Old Age Security Cash Cow?
- Chapter 10: Cash Flow for Life
- Chapter 11: The Inheritance Jackpot
- About the Author
- Title: Cash Cows, Pigs and Jackpots: The Simplest Personal Finance Strategy Ever
- Release date: October 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118083529