"…the use of a story to illustrate both ITIL® process basics and the inherent implementation challenges makes this a powerful but quick, easy read."
Susan Schellhase, itSMF USA member
Achieving success through transforming behaviour
High-performing IT organizations know that success is more dependent on transforming behaviour than on the state of their technology. They have learned how to adapt behaviours to meet new challenges as effectively as they would change technology.
Managing change in real-life ITSM projects
Based on the real-life experiences of the author and other ITSM professionals, Catalogs, Services and Portfolios – an ITSM success story is a fictional account of change management surrounding ITSM projects. It tells the story of ITSM practitioner Chris as he learns how to deal with resistance to change and overcome inertia in staff behaviour. Through his experiences, readers encounter the common challenges faced when implementing change in an IT Service Management context. The ‘tips that would have helped Chris’ sections are packed with helpful advice for anyone facing similar challenges.
Catalogs, Services and Portfolios – an ITSM success story shows how the leading ITSM practitioners are able to:
Ideal for newly trained ITIL® practitioners
The narrative style of the book helps readers understand how to manage resistance to change and the lack of empathy that often exists between IT and the business it supports. Presenting a realistic overview of an ITSM implementation, the book is equally suitable for newly qualified ITIL professionals and as an inspiration for team discussions.
Read this book to learn from Chris’s experiences and transform your ITSM project
About the author
Daniel McLean is an ITIL consultant with over 20 years' experience in IT. He has spent the last 10 years designing, implementing and operating processes supporting ITSM. He was also a peer reviewer during development of the OGC ITIL v3 Service Strategy Best Practice.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: Don’t Fall Under the Bus
- Chapter 2: Strange Bedfellows
- Chapter 3: Don’t Confuse Me with Facts
- Chapter 4: Blind Me with Science
- Chapter 5: The Joy of Conflicts
- Chapter 6: Masters of the Universe
- Chapter 7: How Hard Can it Be?
- Chapter 8: Chow Fun
- Chapter 9: Help I Need Something
- Chapter 10: Don’t Peek Behind the Curtain
- Chapter 11: Know What You Don’t Know
- Chapter 12: A Fool with a Tool is Still a Fool
- Chapter 13: Boiling the Ocean, a Spoonful at a Time
- Chapter 14: Change is Hard
- Chapter 15: No Good Deed Goes Unpunished
- ITG Resources
- Title: Catalogs, Services and Portfolios
- Release date: August 2014
- Publisher(s): IT Governance Publishing
- ISBN: 9781849285674