Layer 2 Switching
The following ICND1 exam topics are covered in this chapter:
- LAN Switching Technologies
- Identify basic switching concepts and the operation of Cisco switches.
- Collision Domains
- Broadcast Domains
- Types of switching
- CAM Table
- Configure and verify initial switch configuration including remote access management.
- Cisco IOS commands to perform basic switch setup
- Verify network status and switch operation using basic utilities such as Ping, Telnet and SSH.
- Configure and verify Switch Port Security features such as:
- Sticky MAC
- MAC address limitation
- Violation modes
- Protect restrict
- Shutdown unused ports
- Err-disable recovery
When people at Cisco discuss switching ...