Video Description15+ Hours of Video Instruction
CCIE Collaboration Lab Exam LiveLessons is a comprehensive video training package that helps you prepare for the rigorous CCIE Collaboration Lab exam, an eight-hour, hands-on exam, which requires you to configure a Cisco enterprise collaboration network, by walking you through the various configuration and troubleshooting challenges you will face on the lab.
Expert Cisco collaboration instructor Kevin Wallace provides you with more than 15 hours of video instruction. The product includes 16 videos that walk you through a mock CCIE Collaboration lab exam designed by the author to illustrate how you would tackle the actual lab on your lab day. In addition to these 16 mock-lab tutorials, Kevin also provides you with 13 supplemental video lessons covering both test-taking tips and concepts that are critical to know before attempting the exam. Finally, this hands-on, step-by-step video training tool also includes downloadable documentation (more than 300 pages in length) that covers base configurations (and a listing of hardware) for all routers and switches, including the PSTN/Frame Relay Switch router, as well as detailed configurations performed in the mock-lab walkthrough videos.
What You Will Learn
- Configure a Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series switch and Cisco 2900 Series routers in a mock CCIE Collaboration lab
- Deploy the Cisco Unity Express Module
- Configure CUCM
- Configure H.323 and MGCP gateway and SIP trunks
- Configure and troubleshoot call routing on both CUCM and CUCME
- Implement Number Globalization/Localization, URI Dialing, and Video Conferencing
- Deploy Cisco Unified Contact Center Express
- Implement Cisco IM and Presence Server
- Review exam preparation strategies
The primary audience for this product is anyone preparing for the CCIE Collaboration certification.
Users should have intermediate-advanced level knowledge of Cisco collaboration technologies.
Introduction: This video welcomes you to the walkthrough video series and sets the stage for the next 16 modules.
Module 1: Mapping Out Your Day: This video shows you how to spend the first 20 minutes of your lab day. Specifically, you’ll see how to create a table on scratch paper that will provide you with an efficient sequence for walking through the lab tasks.
Module 2: Doing EVERYTHING on Switch SW1: This video performs all of the lab tasks requiring access to the Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series switch. For example, basic VLAN configuration is performed, in addition to advanced quality of service (QoS) configurations.
Module 3: Configuring Router HQ (Part 1 of 2): This video demonstrates initial configurations on the HQ router. These include VLANs, DHCP, NTP, and H.323 GW configurations.
Module 4: Configuring Router HQ (Part 2 of 2): This video continues with the configuration of the HQ router. Specifically, the HQ router is configured for SIP trunk support, call routing, a video conference bridge, and QoS.
Module 5: Configuring Router BR1: Router BR1 is an MGCP gateway requiring minimal configuration. Therefore, this video demonstrates basic tasks including the configuration of VLANs, DHCP, and NTP.
Module 6: Configuring Router BR2 (Part 1 of 2): This video begins the configuration of BR2 with VLAN, DHCP, and NTP features. The tasks then increase in difficulty, inducing the registration of SIP and SCCP IP phones with Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express (CUCME).
Module 7: Configuring Router BR2 (Part 2 of 2): This video continues the configuration of router BR2 by configuring the router as an H.323 GW and a SIP GW. Additionally, this module demonstrates configuring call routing on router BR2 and the configuration of ad-hoc conferencing.
Module 8: Configuring Cisco Unity Express (CUE): This video shows how to initialize and configure the Cisco Unity Express (CUE) module installed in router BR2. The video then demonstrates how to integrate CUE with CUCME, along with a CUE customization task.
Module 9: Basic CUCM Configuration: This video covers several basic CUCM configuration tasks, such as IP address assignment, NTP, registering both SIP and SCCP IP phones, and performing IP phone customization.
Module 10: H.323 GW, MGCP GW, and SIP Trunk Configuration: This video shows how to configure the CUCM server at HQ to use the HQ router as an H.323 GW and how to configure the CUCM server at BR1 to use the BR1 router as an MGCP GW. Also, this video demonstrates how to define a SIP trunk, perform troubleshooting of a video call, and send calls to the BR2 router acting as a SIP GW.
Module 11: HQ and BR1 Call Routing: This video shows how to configure call routing for the HQ and BR1 locations. The call routing configuration relies heavily on the use of Translation Patterns and less on the traditionally used Route Patters.
Module 12: Number Globalization/Localization, URI Dialing, and Video Conferencing: With the CUCM server now configured (as demonstrated in the prior videos), this video shows the configuration of CUCM features including number globalization and localization, URI dialing, and video conferencing.
Module 13: Cisco Unity Connection (CUC) Base Configuration and Customization: This video demonstrates how to perform both an SCCP integration and a SIP integration between Cisco Unity Connection (CUC) servers and CUCM servers. After the integration is complete, the video shows a CUC customization task.
Module 14: Doing EVERYTHING on Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX): This video completes an integration between a UCCX server and a CUCM server. Then, this video shows how to configure one-button login for call agents and shows how to do some scripting by creating a customized script that runs when users call into the UCCX server.
Module 15: Doing EVERYTHING on Cisco IM and Presence Server: This video completes the Cisco IM and Presence server integration with the CUCM server at the HQ location. Then, you learn how to configure the Cisco Jabber for Windows client to log into the Cisco IM and Presence server.
Module 16: Verification: One the real lab, you probably won’t have time to verify each task as you do it. Therefore, it’s recommended that, for some tasks, you wait until the end of the day to perform verification. That’s the focus of this video, going back and verifying any tasks that have not previously been verified.
Summary: This video summarizes the 16 module mock lab walkthrough series of videos.
BONUS Video #1: Your Framework for Success: This video describes four foundational directives that can dramatically increase your odds of passing the CCIE Collaboration Lab.
BONUS Video #2: Constructing Your Collaboration Home Lab: This video shows you what types of equipment you need to construct your own CCIE Collaboration practice lab.
BONUS Video #3: Troubleshooting—The Deal-Breaker: Troubleshooting is a key skill to have for the CCIE Collaboration Lab, and this video walks you through some common troubleshooting issues you might encounter and discusses how to avoid and/or resolve those issues.
BONUS Video #4: Simplifying Cisco Catalyst 3560/3750 QoS: For many lab candidates, one of the most challenging topics on the lab is configuring QoS on a Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series switch. In this 90+ minute video, you learn everything you need to know about this challenging topic.
BONUS Video #5: CUCMv9 Update—Enterprise License Manager: This video demonstrates a new feature introduced in CUCM 9.x, the Enterprise License Manager, which allows you to have a centralized server that controls licensing for other servers in a cluster (or even in a different cluster).
BONUS Video #6: CUCMv9 Update—Influencing Codec Selection: This video shows you how to use a codec preference list to influence codec selection within and between regions.
BONUS Video #7: CUCMv9 Update—Adding a Pause to Speed Dials: This video demonstrates another new feature introduced in CUCM 9.x, the ability to pause when dialing numbers from a speed dial button.
BONUS Video #8: CUCMv9 Update—Configuring Call Queuing: Yet another new feature introduced in CUCM 9.x is the ability to add call queuing to hunt groups. This video shows you how to set it up.
BONUS Video #9: CUCMv9 Update—URI Dialing: This video demonstrates how you can call someone using their Uniform Resource Identifier (URI), as opposed to their phone number.
BONUS Video #10: CUCMv9 Update—Location Enhancements: CUCM 9.x dramatically improved the capabilities of the Locations feature. This video tells you what’s new and shows you how to set it up.
BONUS Video #11: CUCMv9 Update—CTI Extended and Connect: Another new CUCM 9.x feature is CTI Extend and Connect, which supports interoperability between unified communications devices and legacy telephony devices.
BONUS Video #12: CUCMv9 Update—Support for LDAP and Manually Added Users: This video explains an enhancement added in CUCM 9.x, the ability to simultaneously have users defined in the local CUCM database and users defined on an LDAP server.
BONUS Video #13: CUCMv9 Update—User Interface Updates: This video highlights some of the cosmetic and functional changes made to the CUCM user interface.
LiveLessons Video Training series publishes hundreds of hands-on, expert-led video tutorials covering a wide selection of technology topics designed to teach you the skills you need to succeed. This professional and personal technology video series features world-leading author instructors published by your trusted technology brands: Addison-Wesley, Cisco Press, IBM Press, Pearson IT Certification, Prentice Hall, Sams, and Que. Topics include: IT Certification, Programming, Web Development, Mobile Development, Home & Office Technologies, Business & Management, and more.
Table of Contents
- CCIE Collaboration Lab: Introduction 00:01:16
CCIE Collaboration Lab Videos
- Module 1: Mapping Out Your Day 00:42:30
- Module 2: Doing EVERYTHING on Switch SW1 00:26:54
- Module 3: Configuring Router HQ (Part 1 of 2) 00:41:23
- Module 4: Configuring Router HQ (Part 2 of 2) 00:41:21
- Module 5: Configuring Router BR1 00:14:43
- Module 6: Configuring Router BR2 (Part 1 of 2) 00:50:57
- Module 7: Configuring Router BR2 (Part 2 of 2) 00:41:48
- Module 8: Configuring Cisco Unity Express (CUE) 00:38:45
- Module 9: Basic CUCM Configuration 1:04:48
- Module 10: H.323 GW, MGCP GW, and SIP Trunk Configuration 1:16:30
- Module 11: HQ and BR1 Call Routing 00:46:26
- Module 12: Number Globalization/Localization, URI Dialing, and Video Conferencing 00:39:45
- Module 13: Cisco Unity Connection (CUC) Base Configuration and Customization 00:43:13
- Module 14: Doing EVERYTHING on Cisco Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX) 00:45:55
- Module 15: Doing EVERYTHING on Cisco IM and Presence Server 00:28:41
- Module 16: Verification 00:52:00
- CCIE Collaboration Lab: Summary 00:01:29
- BONUS Video #1: Your Framework for Success 00:12:39
- BONUS Video #2: Constructing Your Collaboration Home Lab 00:19:47
- BONUS Video #3: Troubleshooting—The Deal-Breaker 00:24:23
- BONUS Video #4: Simplifying Cisco Catalyst 3560/3750 QoS 1:37:37
- BONUS Video #5: CUCMv9 Update—Enterprise License Manager 00:08:01
- BONUS Video #6: CUCMv9 Update—Influencing Codec Selection 00:07:08
- BONUS Video #7: CUCMv9 Update—Adding a Pause to Speed Dials 00:06:48
- BONUS Video #8: CUCMv9 Update—Configuring Call Queuing 00:07:51
- BONUS Video #9: CUCMv9 Update—URI Dialing 00:03:19
- BONUS Video #10: CUCMv9 Update—Location Enhancements 00:13:09
- BONUS Video #11: CUCMv9 Update—CTI Extend and Connect 00:05:48
- BONUS Video #12: CUCMv9 Update—Support for LDAP and Manually Added Users 00:03:33
- BONUS Video #13: CUCMv9 Update—User Interface Updates 00:05:24
- Title: CCIE Collaboration Lab Exam
- Release date: December 2015
- Publisher(s): Pearson IT Certification
- ISBN: 9780134432540