Chapter 1. General Networking Theory
General Routing Concepts
Link-state and Distance Vector Protocols
- Examples: Routing Information Protocol Version 1 (RIPv1), RIPv2, Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (IGRP)
- Features periodic transmission of entire routing tables to directly connected neighbors
- Mathematically compares routes using some measurement of distance
- Features hop-count limitation
- Examples: Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Intermediate System-to-Intermediate System (IS-IS).
- Sends local connection information to all nodes in the internetwork.
- Forms adjacencies with neighboring routers that speak the same protocol; sends local link information to these devices.
- Note that although this is flooding of information ...
With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training,
learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.